Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best Original Song List

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences released their big list of 49 songs eligible for the Best Original Song Oscar today. 

You can see the whole list here.

There's really not much I can complain about here. I mean, it's every eligible song this year, and not their chosen short list. Most surprising to me is the fact that there were eleven songs in High School Musical 3. Seriously? Eleven? Geez...

If I had to make an educated guess as to what might make the cut...

"The Wrestler" - The Wrestler
"Down to Earth" - WALL-E
"Gran Torino" - Gran Torino
Something from High School Musical 3
Something else from High School Musical 3

And if I had to make an educated guess as to what might WIN...

Bruce Springsteen's "The Wrestler".  While I haven't seen the movie, I have seen
 the trailer 
and I have heard the song.  It's a very powerful little song, and one I could definitely see winning.  

No comments: